Marisela Mendoza Ramos
School of Architecture Design and the Built Environment
Nottingham Trent University
Marisela teaches on courses in Architecture and Architectural Technology in the modules of Design Studio, Communications and Technology. She is able to bring her strong research background and areas of specialism to the course through her role as the lead tutor in technology, sustainable architecture and structure on the MArch course.
Marisela is investigating the impact that interior lighting design has on the circadian system. In addition, she is looking at the work of the architect Felix Candela.
One of Marisela’s research focuses is the design of transformable structures and their application in architectural design for sustainable architecture. In addition, she is interested in the impact that interior lighting design has on the health of the users of a building, and the integration of technology and lighting design.
Her main areas are:
- – lighting design
- – sustainable architecture
- – deployable structures.
- 2008 – Invited Speaker , International Diploma of Lighting Design in Architecture 2008, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- 2008 – Invited Speaker at the 10th International Lighting Journey, IESNA, Mexico, 2008
- 2007 – Speaker at International Association of Shell and Space Structures, Venice, Italy
- 2007 – Invited Speaker, Professional Lighting Design Convention