PhD. Architectural Construction, Restoration, and Rehabilitation
Polytechnic University of Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, Spain 2012
Architect. National University of Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia 1994
ILEK Tensegrity Prototype : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_4Ta4Tfl4bFX2pGMlhtRGpMMkE/edit
– Professional experience in a variety of roles, settings, and Lightweight and Membrane Structures.
– Complex 3D structural modeling/printing/analysis including AutoCAD, WinTess, basic EasyCAD.
-Ability to work both independently and with a team, and deep knowledge.
– Ability to produce freehand and technical drawings and specifications packages.
– Master’s and Doctoral Theses Supervisor.
– Research in SMiA Group – Structural Morphologic in Architecture, Lita/ETSAV-UPC Barcelona, Spain.
– 3D modeling and printing structures. Fellowship: UNISA/NewMatt, Salerno, Italy.
– Lightweight-Structures. Fellowship: ILEK Institute, Stuttgart, Germany.
– PhD: UPC Barcelona, Lightweight Structures “Tensegrity Dome for a Sports Arena”
under the direction of Josep I. Llorens and Ramon Sastre.
– Conference presentations: USA, England, China, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, France, Serbia, Spain, Chile, Ecuador, Venezuela, and Colombia.
Salerno – Italy (2020)
UNISA – University of Salerno /NewMatt – Consulting Architect /Postdoctoral Research in 3D printing Deployable, Tensegrity and Reciprocal Structures.
Stuttgart – Germany (2012)
ILEK Institute – University of Stuttgart – Fellowship: “PhD. Research in Lightweight and Textile Structures”.
Barcelona – Spain (2001-2020)
ETSAV–SMiA Group (2013-present). – Research in Lightweight – Textile Structures and Parametric Structures”.
CCOO (2017-2018). – Updating of Architectural Plans and facilities.
Freelance (2010-2011). – Collaboration in UPC with Architect Ramon Sastre on textile architecture
projects and workshops including performing lightweight-structure design and analyses.
La Velería de Vilanova i la Geltrú (2009). Consulted on textile-architecture projects.
C.97 Arquitectes i Associats (2006-2009). Design projects for hotels, houses,
gyms and general-architectural rehabilitation.
RP Grup Montserrat Pérez (2004-2005). Installation projects: houses, schools,
retirement homes, and industrial settings.
ETSAB–UPC (2001-2004). Collaborator – Department of Architectural Construction with Alrun Jimeno.
Bogotá – Colombia (1994-2000)
– National University of Colombia: design of new buildings and social-housing projects.
– Collaborated on urbanism projects, public space, housing, and rehabilitation projects.
Publications and Conferences
“Sustainability Assessment of Household Waste Based Solar Control Devices for Workshops in Primary Schools”
“Rehabilitation of educational architecture through waste-based intelligent façade layers”
“Towards more sustainable schools incorporating new solar control devices assembled during workshops recycling waste materials”
“Introduction to Structural Membranes and Introduction to the World of Tensegrity”
“Application of Tensegrity Principles in Tensile-Textile Constructions”
“Form finding and Structural Analysis of a Tensegrity Dome”
“Tensegrity Dome for a Sports Arena”
Techtextil Frankfurt – Germany (2011). Second place in the category of Macro-architecture:
“Textile Structures For New Building 2011” with the project “Tensegrity Dome for a Sports Arena”
Application of Tensegrity Principles on Tensile-Textile Constructions.
– IJSS International Journal of Space Structures Vol.25 Nº1. ISSN 0266-3511. Editor Rene Motro. Multi-Science Publishing Co. Ltda. UK., 2010.
– Textile Composites and Inflatable Structures IV – Structural Membranes. ISBN 978-84-96736-70-2, Cimne International Center for numerical Methods in Engineering. Editors E. Oñate, B. Kröplin. Stuttgart, Germany, 2009.
– Evolution and Trends in Design, Analysis and Construction of Shell and Spatial Structures. ISBN 978-84-8363-459-2. 50th Anniversary Symposium of the International Association for Shell and Structures IASS. Editors A. Domingo y C. Lázaro. Valencia, Spain, 2009.
Application of Tensegrity Principles on Tensile-Textile Constructions: Formfinding and Analysis.
– IASS International Association for Shell and Structures. Vol.52 No.2 ISSN 1028-365X, 2011.
Form finding and Structural Analysis of a Tensegrity Dome.
– Tensile Architecture: Connecting Past and Future. Editors Heidrun Bögner-Balz y Marijke Mollaert. ISBN 978-90-9025666-5. UACEG University of Architecture Civil Engineering and Geodesy. Sofia, Bulgaria, 2010.
– Spatial Structures – Temporary and Permanent. ISBN 978-7-112-12504-3. International Symposium of the International Association for Shell and Structures IASS. Editors Q. Zhang, L. Yang, Y. Hu. Shanghai, China, 2010.
Tensegrity for a Sports Arena.
– SEWC Structural Engineers World Congress. Editor L.E.G.O. spa – Como, Italia, 2011.
Tensegrity Ring for a Sports Arena: Form finding and Testing.
– Textile Composites and Inflatable Structures V – Structural Membranes. Cimne International Center for numerical Methods in Engineering. Editors E. Oñate, B.Kröplin and K.-U.Bletzinger. Barcelona, Spain, 2011.
Tensegrity Prototype TG3.
– V Latin American Symposium on Tenso Structures, School of Architecture – Catholic University of Chile. Santiago – Chile, 2012.
Experimental Workshop in Unconventional Structures: Deployable & Tree-Like Structures SMiA – Training and Research at Barcelona Tech”
– Proceedings of the IASS (Association for Shell and Structures) & SLTE (Simposio Latinoamericano de Tensoestructuras) Symposium: “Shells, Membranes and Spatial Structures: Footprints”. Reyolando M.L.R.F. BRASIL and Ruy M.O. PAULETTI (eds.) Brasilia – Brasil, 2014.